Material: Made of a super-tough vinyl foam material.
Size: 36" X 48" X 1/4" (inches)
Weight: 7 lb
Suitable for both skipping indoors or outdoors.
- Extends the life of jump rope cables vs jumping on concrete or hard, abrasive surfaces.
- Designed to reduce the "bounce" of cable speed ropes when they hit the ground. Less bounce = more consistent double unders. (More bounce = more misses.)
- Set on your carpet/other surfaces for a flat surface for indoor jumping and to help protect your flooring.
- Great for reducing the impact on your knees joints when jumping rope as a degree of impact is absorbed vs hard surfaces.
- Easy to roll up, store and clean.
- Non slip vinyl foam material dampens vibrations that cause wear and tear to equipment and muffles noise.
- Try to avoid getting the mat too wet or leaving it out in the rain. It will be fine but will take a while to dry out!
- We advise using this mat for jump rope only as it may get damaged if used with other fitness equipment like heavy weights, etc. The soft core is designed to absorb impact from jump rope to help protect the user and the rope and not to take heavy apparatus.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Great mat it's thick enough for me to skip on the gravel at the back of my house
Amazing mat use it for home workouts and for skipping. When skipping doesn't slip. Will have to revise after a year or so with regards to wear and tear.
I have a very uneven patio. The slabs aren’t smooth & flat, some grout is missing & it’s horrendous for skipping. I wanted a mat so I could skip outside without getting frustrated with the uneven surface. Plus I wanted it to help protect my ropes & joints 😁 so far so good! I’ve used it in the rain as well which makes me feel safer from slipping, & afterwards I just give it a quick hose down so it’s nice & clean then wipe off excess water with an old towel, leave it to dry & it’s as good as new for next time 👍🏼
This is a great mat - Good bounce and protection for knees. The material is very thick and soft. When I first started jump rope, I stupidly got a cheaper gymnastics style mat that was entirely useless as it was too squidgy and the rope got caught on the edges. If you're thinking of doing the same, don't bother!! I was happy to see Dope Ropes has started selling this mat as it's good to support them - Keon is super helpful and provided a lot of tips when I first got into it!
Highly recommended jump rope mat. Efficient delivery and packed securely. The mat is great quality and well cushioned which is definitely allowing me to jump rope daily without injury. Thanks Dope Ropes.