Material: Made of a super-tough vinyl foam material.
Size: 36" X 48" X 1/4"
Weight: 7 lb
Excellent for both training indoors or outdoors.
- Extends the life of jump rope cables vs jumping on concrete or hard, abrasive surfaces.
- Designed to reduce the "bounce" of cable speed ropes when they hit the ground. Less bounce = more consistent double unders. (More bounce = more misses.)
- Set on your carpet/other surfaces for a flat surface for indoor jumping and to help protect your flooring.
- Great for reducing the impact on your knees joints when jumping rope as a degree of impact is absorbed vs hard surfaces.
- Easy to roll up, store and clean.
- Non slip vinyl foam material dampens vibrations that cause wear and tear to equipment and muffles noise.
Love my new ropes...Keon has been great too for tips and advice. A new hobby hobby to change it up from the gym :)
I had been jumping twenty to thirty minutes a day, and this gave rise to a stress injury of the fourth metatarsal of my left foot. It became bad enough that I went for an x-ray to check if it might be fractured. It wasn't, but I needed physiotherapy to strengthen some of the smaller muscles that support the bone structure, and I needed to stop jumping for about 3 weeks until the inflammation subsided... a fitness disaster!
To avoid that happening again, I tried using a padded sock to reduce the impact, and although that seemed to work, it was awkward because it was hard to keep the pad properly positioned inside the shoe to protect my foot. The Elite SRS mat seemed like a good alternative solution to the sock. Sure enough, I've been using it for about a month, and it's been great! It dampens the impact on my feet, and the proof is that there has been no recurrence of pain or sensitivity. This has allowed me to increase the duration of my jumping sessions.
In summary, for me, this mat is a game changer, allowing me to increase the intensity of my workouts without fear of injury.
Game changer, and well worth the investment. The price is eye-watering, but this is a quality bit of kit. You lay this out and it stays flat and fixed in position, the size allows for a variety of tricks and protects the rope during side swings. It's dense enough to provide protection but won't affect or necessitate a change in the way you skip. If you're serious about jumping; you won't regret protecting your rope and your body.