*Sold out colours will be available for pre order soon*
One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for learning tricks and freestyle skipping.
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, if beads wear and break, you will have spare beads to replace the broken beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces and on harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
Our handles are supplied by Buy Jump Ropes, we use them as they make the strongest handles I have come across that last!
See the rope in action:
The beaded rope is 10 foot long but can be adjusted to any height. Refer to our sizing guide for general sizing principles. We actually recommend shortening a few inches more than you are comfortable with as this will allow you to learn a stricter jump rope form and hand positioning which will make things a bit harder initially but easier in the long run. To adjust, simply untie the knot holding the nylon cord in place, remove as many beads as you need and then retie the knot to hold in place. Cut off any excess cord. See this video from the our suppliers Buyjumpropes.net which demonstrates adjusting length:
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Fast and heavy. Great rope stars
Five stars great price I love the weight. Nearly like 80% on mic release! About 5 hours or so gone into it.
Dope Ropes Signature Beaded Jump Rope
I have jumped rope, or at least tried to jump rope every single day since my beaded rope from Dope Ropes arrived! I had tried a cheap pvc rope for fitness before but since getting my new rope 2 weeks ago I have even been able to unlock a few tricks!