One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope.
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way for learning tricks and freestyle jumping. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, if beads wear and break, you will have spare beads to replace the broken beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces and on harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
(note - this is also the most ideal option for kids! They can also have fun rearranging the beads and adjusting the rope which gives this rope a nice craft element as a bonus!)
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- Colour - Blue handles with blue and pink beads in true Dope Ropes style!
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene contoured to fit your hand
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
The beaded rope is 10 foot long but can be adjusted to any height. Refer to our sizing guide for general sizing principles. We actually recommend shortening a few inches more than you are comfortable with as this will allow you to learn a stricter jump rope form and hand positioning which will make things a bit harder initially but easier in the long run. To adjust, simply untie the knot holding the nylon cord in place, remove as many beads as you need and then retie the knot to hold in place. Cut off any excess cord. See this video from the our suppliers Buyjumpropes.net which demonstrates adjusting length:
Here's a video of the beaded rope in action:
The rope was indeed dope and definitely has helped me learn new tricks quicker
Super easy rope to adjust and use. Returning to skipping after not doing it since childhood has been a revelation and makes my legs stronger for running. Dope ropes delivered the rope quickly and were really good. Don’t buy from larger on-line companies because the delivery takes ages.