*Sold out! Pre sale is now live for beaded ropes with dispatch of orders expected 26th September-1st October. If you want a beaded rope sooner, you can buy beads here and handles here separately and then attach the beads to the cord and handles yourself!*
One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for tricks and freestyle skipping.
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, if beads wear and break, you will have spare beads to replace the broken beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces and on harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene contoured to fit your hand
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
See the rope in action:
The beaded rope is 10 foot long but can be adjusted to any height. Refer to our sizing guide for general sizing principles. We actually recommend shortening a few inches more than you are comfortable with as this will allow you to learn a stricter jump rope form and hand positioning which will make things a bit harder initially but easier in the long run. To adjust, simply untie the knot holding the nylon cord in place, remove as many beads as you need and then retie the knot to hold in place. Cut off any excess cord. See this video from the our suppliers Buyjumpropes.net which demonstrates adjusting length:
I've tried skipping before without any success, this rope is definitely worth paying the extra money for as it has made a huge difference to my progress. I love it and would definitely recommend!
I love this rope. The weight is perfect for me, it was easy to adjust to the right length and the handles are comfortable. Recommend
Already learning new tricks
I have already got 4 other ropes, a speed rope, a plastic one, a nylon one and a metal cable one. None of them compare to this beaded one whatsoever - this gives you full control of how fast it spins and is amazing to learn tricks on. I've been trying to learn to skip backwards for nearly a year without success with my other ropes, saw Lauren Jumps on instagram and bought this one - learnt to skip backwards with it in less than ten minutes. Brilliant ropes, great company, will definitely buy from you again! 5 stars!
To give anyone new to these ropes a tip, make sure you cut the rope short enough - it wasn't until I watched some of lauren's videos I realised all my other ropes were about a foot too long. Shorter rope = skipping success!
I am now loving skipping everyday! Thank you :)