Thick 1.3-pound jump rope (circa 500g) for adding heavy resistance to your jump rope workouts.
NEW upgraded handles include dual-ball bearings for smoother spin. This also fixes an issue with the cord rubbing and wearing at the handle.
Why this rope? If you want a quicker cardio workout and a heavier burn in your shoulders and forearms. You will definitely feel the burn using this rope for even short amounts of time.
- 12mm diameter hollow core PVC rope
- Industrial grade 4.75" long dual-ball bearing handles (rope is secured in handle with a metal bolt).
- Dual ball bearings in handles improve spin and eliminate PVC wear at handle.
- 8ft: recommended for heights 5'10" and under
- 9ft: recommended for heights 5'10" - 6'5"
- 10ft: recommended for heights 6'5" and taller
Note - These ropes are not adjustable. The above recommendations are the best estimates to cover a multitude of heights, body types and experience levels. If you are experienced and have good form with your elbows back and have your hands close to your hips, then you will likely benefit from using the above chart or even going down in size if you are in and around a height boundary. Beginners may want more room for error and go for a size higher but this will potentially lead to overly long ropes and thus impact form if there is too much excess rope. Please also consider measuring your current rope (if you have one) to gauge the most appropriate length as some individuals have their own personal needs and preferences with length. I talk more about my own sizing beliefs and principles more here.
Please also be aware, the 1.3lb weight is the weight of the 9ft with handles - the weight is different for different lengths. See weights below (incl handles):
This rope is therefore similar to a 1lb rope in context of the wider jump rope market.
- Quicker cardio workouts
- Build forearm and hand strength
- Engaging should/arm/core/back muscles that don't normally get a workout while jumping rope
- Improving single under and double under strength and endurance in shoulders
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Good Grip and a lot of fun while jumping :D
I like ist and would recommend it to people searching for an Heavy rope
Faster than my previous Thai style ropes due to the swivel/bearing type handles, I found other ropes even the boxing rope too light for me, this one is spot on, gives the shoulders and forearms some work.
Love this heavy rope. Gives a great cardio workout and you can really feel it in you forearms, shoulders and back. Great bit of kit to add into any workout routine!
Works up a sweat alright !! It works the arms alot more than the standard rope
1.3lb Heavy Muay Thai Rope 2.0