Recommended for higher intensity workouts!
Weighing just under 1/2 lb, this is a heavy variant of a beaded rope with thicker beads and thick PVC cable core. This ropes adds additional weight to traditional 5mm cable ropes and beaded ropes. Ideal for fitness jumping as the extra weight provides a more intense workout.
- Cord length - circa 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- 2 inch heavy beads - 7 mm inner diameter and 10mm outer diameter
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on harsh surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- Circa 200g in weight (just under 1/2 pound!)
- 8" Long handles: Good for adults and freestyle. Unbreakable low-density polyethylene 8" handle (low profile grip tape optional) / 1oz weight (each handle) / .9" diameter at end. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
This is a collaboration rope with Elite SRS.
(Please note! The 5mm PVC core of this rope is usually black or white (this can't be selected and varies depending on stock levels. We are also in the process of transitioning stock to Dope Ropes branded tape, so your order may have Elite grip tape. The specifications are identical on all ropes).
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
In my limited experience this is the best low price beaded rope that I have used. The weight allows for for feedback and travels without the excess effort needed for lighter ropes.
I recently took up skipping as exercise (age 58) but found the rope I bought off Amazon too light. The Heavy Beaded Rope proved perfect to learn and, particularly, get my timing right and stop catching the rope. The beads keep the shape too, which is another help when learning.
The PVC cord has a nylon thread inside which should make it last longer than standard pvc ropes.
The heavy beaded rope is quite tiring to use and, now I have got the technique better, I also use a lighter rope (about 100g).
One final piece of advice - skipping is fun but don't overdo it in the early days. I caused tendonitis in my leg from too much skipping and had to rest for weeks. So, start slowly and take rest days.
I’ve been searching for a rope that could withstand the punishment of concrete without wearing away and this seems indestructible. You get spare beads too. Also it’s nice and heavy and flows well. Tad expensive for what it is though.
Dope Ropes Heavy Beaded Fitness Rope
Wow it makes a huge difference in my workout routine! I love it! They are durable. A bit awkward to adjust at first but once I figured it out, I managed to get it to the appropriate length. These weighted ropes make me gassed every time but so worth it! I hope there is a 1lb beaded rope soon. The 1.3lb muay thai rope will be too long for me so I’m hesitating to buy. Anyway, more power to you all there ❤️